home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 2 of the Cardz TV "Good Times" Stamp Release Blog Hop!

Hello my friends and welcome to day 2 of the Cardz TV "Good Time's" Stamp Release Blog Hop!
If you missed the start of this hop, you can go HERE and follow along!! There is also a few chances up for grabs for some blog candy!!!!
 

Here is my project for today:

This is a simple card turned into something outside of the "ordinary card". All of my cardstock is from Recollections and my patterned paper is handmade paper that I received as a gift. It's more of a fiber paper but has an oriental look to it, lots of delicious oranges/peaches and red colors. I love this paper! I stamped the sentiment "Aged to Perfection" on my main layer using some Momento Rich Cocoa ink onto some Recollections white cardstock and I inked all around the edges using some Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink. I added a corner using some of the handmade paper onto the front of the layer to hold the tag that was cut out of my pazzles at 2". I used another sentiment from the "Good Times" stamp set, "Happy Birthday to YOU!" onto the tag, inked it up with the tea dye distress ink and added some natural hemp to finish it off. 
Here is a look at the inside of the card:
 
I created 2 more corner edges with the oriental handmade paper and used some of the hemp to tie a bow in the lower left corner. I used the sentiment"You're only as OLD as you feel!" as my inside greeting. This stamp is also from the "Good Times" stamp set. It was inked up using more of the momemto rich cocoa ink and again I inked the edges of the main layer with tea dye distress ink. I hope you enjoyed my card for today and it inspires you to create! Please remember to stop on over at the Cardz TV Blog to see all the wonderful creations that my design team sisters have created with this new stamp release!

 

11 comments:

  1. What a great CAS card. Like the inking.

    marg0006@verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card!!!! joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER card!!! I love it!!! I made a double pocket card....it was hard!!! This one looks so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute-- love the double pockets what a perfect card to show off these great stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Joann! That paper is fabulous and I love how you created pockets with it! I think what I love the best is the simplicity of this card! The sentiments are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty. Great Job
    Amanda DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful card and such a CUTE sentiment!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Jo! I really like the tag and how you tucked it in the corner under that beautiful floral paper! I like the inking of the edges too! Nice inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jo,

    Love the blog! Nice work! I'm a follower now...hope you had fun poking around my blog :) You should join my challenges at 613 Avenue Create! The challenges are always Anything Goes with an optional twist. Going to look around some more :)

    Hugs,
    Kathi
    My Creative Therapy

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~