home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Hello Friends!

Hello my sweet bloggy friends~

I know its been a bit longer then expected for me to stop in and say hello. But I am here with an update on my health. After many different tests recently, EMG's, MRI's, CTScans--the doctors have been able to give me updates and all have been bad news. =(

In just one year's time, my degenerative disk disease in my back has progressed very rapidly. 3 more disks have slipped completely and are out of place. My bones in my spine are all decaying and rotting and this is causing my disks to slip with no support, causing me to be crippled. My doctor also found that I have a new pinched nerve in my back. I already have one in my neck. My lumbar radiculathopy shows 40% progression. The EMG tests show that my nerves in the left side of my body are completely shot, so to speak. My left leg has the most nerve damage. Unfortunately at this point, surgery is not an option due to the severity of the procedure. The surgeons would have to rebuild my entire spine and with the amount of nerve damage already, doctors feel this type of surgery is way to risky to perform. The surgery itself would be an 18 hr surgery leaving me with a 70% chance of being paralyzed from my neck down. =(

My doctor has put an order in for a powerchair wheelchair for me but my insurance denied it. Due to my pain levels and my limited mobility, my depression has set in on high and it has caused me to not take interest in anything. I have not done anything craft related in so long, I miss it so much!! I spend most of my time between 4 walls in my bed with a TV, my kindle fire & a laptop. Most days, I don't even want to get on the computer. I have no desire to do the things I love. My doctor has put me on a higher dose of depression medication and its making me very angry. I know that sounds kinda funny i'm sure, but it's true. I'm stressed to the max. Most days, I don't even want to socialize with the family.

So my friends, that is what is going on in my life at the moment. I appreciate all the email that has come in expressing love and concern for me. It means a lot!!! If i did not get back to your email yet, please know that I am just not ready yet. I ask for you all to keep me in your prayers and pray that my doctors can keep me comfortable and that I get the tools necessary to get me up and mobile again. 

The Funday Friday challenges will be resuming again October 10th. I hope to see many of you back for the challenges each week. I hope you are all staying crafty and getting in enough craft time for the both of us!! Be patient with me. I will be visiting your blogs again very soon. Much love to you all.

Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~~

26 comments:

  1. Oh, Jo, I'm so sorry to hear what has been going on in your life, I will definitely have you in my prayers and hope each day gets a little brighter for you, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy thank you so much my sweet friend! Prayers help! Thank you so much!!
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  2. Jo, I hate to hear your going through this. I have a bad back. Was told I would be in a wheel chair, So far that hasn't happened. Wish I could come over there and cheer you up. Take your time. You will be in my Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Mama.... thank God you aren't in a wheelchair.. and I pray that you do not have to endure that anytime soon if ever.... having a bad back is a pretty crappy thing as you know... I hope you don't suffer as much as i do hon... thank you for the prayers and I will keep you in mine as well!
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, Jo, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I can't even imagine the pain you must be in. How horrible for the insurance company to turn down your request. I had a neighbor that got one through his insurance and never even used it...it just sat in his garage. That makes me mad when there are people that genuinely need it and can't get it. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you will feel like crafting soon...it really is therapeutic. Big hugs,

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thank you my friend for keeping me in your prayers. It means so much to me. I feel the same way you do about these insurance companies, trust me!
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  4. Jo, I really hate to hear this news. I wonder on what basis the insurance denied the powerchair? Is your doctor still working on getting this for you? You're on my heart and in my prayers, hon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      Thank you so much for your prayers. It means the world to me. Thank you for your sweet gift!
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  5. Jo, I'm sad to hear this. Will be praying for you. Hope the power chair insurance gets resolved.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,
      Thank you so much for the prayers! Means the world to me.
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear your news, Jo. Praying that the Lord wraps His love around you and you have His peace, strength, comfort as He sees you through this. He is faithful. Better days ahead, friend! Looking forward to the challenges again. God's blessings. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryne,
      Thank you so much my friend for continuing to pray for me and my health. It means so much to me and your comforting words help me in a huge way. Thank you!
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  7. Jo I am so sorry to hear this news. Sending prayers to you and hoping you get the help you need soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn,
      Thank you so much for the prayers honey! Means so much to me.
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  8. I am really sorry to hear such news. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping that some miracle happens and you will be well again *U*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ,
      Thank you so much for your prayers!! I appreciate it so very much.
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  9. Oh my dear sweet friend please take care of yourself. I am praying for you.
    Insurance companies can be so heartless. We had a $17,000 hospital bill denied and it took the surgeon fighting for us to finally get it paid. That took 12 months so keep on your doctor to ADVOCATE for you. The insurance company probably just looked at your age and denied it. The doctor needs to AGGRESSIVELY express the severity of your condition and prognosis. You obviously need this to help you get around.
    You are in my heart and prayers.
    Hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,
      Thank you so much my dear friend for praying for me and keeping me in thoughts. I appreciate it so much! I will be doing all I can to keep up on things so that my doctor can get me the best care possible.
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  10. I am so sorry to hear your news, Jo. I feel for you so much and pray that the docs will be able to bring some more relief than you presently have and that the depression will lift and you will gradually be able to occupy yourself with things that you used to enjoy doing. Hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel,
      Thank you so much for praying for me. I hope to be able to craft again soon and do the things I enjoy so much too. Your prayers are greatly appreciated and mean so much to me.
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  11. So sorry Jo to hear this. I am thinking of you and will say some prayers my friend. I hope the Dr's can remain keeping you at least comfortable and I also pray that they can master a plan for you to be healthier and allow you to live life. They (Dr) also needs to fight your insurance to get you a wheelchair! My heart aches Jo for you....big bloggy hugs my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherrie,
      Thank you my friend for the prayers. As always, I appreciate it. It means a lot to me.
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  12. I am very sorry to hear all this Jo. I really pray that the doctors can keep you comfortable and that you can get that wheelchair somehow. Because if you can get mobile, that will help with the depression. Pain always brings some depression, but when you can even get up and do somethings...well that is down right depressing. But you must try to keep your faith and keep from getting so depressed. Getting angry is good! It's when you stop feeling that isn't good. Hug, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda,
      Thank you so much my friend for continuing to pray for me. Depression is a bad and evil disease and thanks to you and my wonderful friends and family, I am slowly starting to beat this depression thing and I'm starting to see brighter days.
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete
  13. Jo, that's terrible news. It's understandable that it would get you down. I would definitely do everything you can to fight the insurance. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie,
      Thanks so much for keeping me in your prayers! It truly means so much to me!!
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      Delete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~