home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Friday, September 15, 2017

New Mid- Month Challenge with Dies R Us!










Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to our new mid-month challenge at Dies R US! Our challenge today is "Fancy Corners". So anything you want to create, any theme, any style... just show us those fancy corner styles. 

So here are the cards that I created for today's challenge.

I made two cards because I am getting in the habit of creating 2 each time I sit down to create. That way I build up my stash and I get more done in the limited amount of time I have to create. :)

My cards were made with all Stampin' Up paper and cardstock. I wanted to keep the cards fairly simple so these came together very quickly. I used the Sue Wilson Designs- Heraldic Square Dies to use as my main focal image and for the fancy corners. This die set comes with 3 dies and you can use them altogether or separately. For the portrait style card, I cut the largest die out of white and cut out the smallest die out of the floral background paper. That smallest die doesn't have any cut lines, it cuts into the paper but doesn't cut it out. So I used the middle die with it so that I could get it to cut out. I cut the middle die piece off so have just the smallest die inlay piece left. I hand cut a frame from the middle die piece so that I could have a nice Navy frame around that center piece. I took my white gel pen and colored in some of the shapes, took my black copic multi-liner and did some inside doodling too. For this card, I also cut out the Lawn Fawn- Thinking About You Border Die and cut it apart to fit under my main focal point. Again, I did a little bit of doodling along the sides and hand drew a heart for the "dot" above the "I". To finish off the first card, I added some liquid pearls in "Buttercup" and added my clear spectrum noir sparkle pen to the sentiment and the outside frame. :)


For my second card, I wanted to make a landscape card similar to the first one that I made. This time, I cut out the largest & middle dies from the Sue Wilson Designs- Heraldic Square Dies in Night Of Navy cardstock and the smallest inlay piece in the same floral background paper. On this card, I used the three dies together the way they come packaged up. Love the look! Again, I used my white gel pen to color in some of the shape pieces and did a little doodling on the outside frame. I love the beautiful fancy corners the largest die creates! I took the clear spectrum noir sparkle pen and brushed it all over the entire top of the main focal image for super shine! Then I cut out the Lawn Fawn- Happy Birthday Border Die in white to go across the center. Love the white sentiment because it pops against that navy! I took my copic multi-liner and again, added in a few doodles over the sentiment letters this time. Love that doodled look! Added in some perfect pearls and it's done! Both card centers are popped up with foam tape, two thicknesses high.


  And that completes my cards! All of the dies that I used are highlighted in the links above and can be found in the Dies R Us store HERE

Well that is all I have for you today my friends. I appreciate you for taking time out of your day to visit me and see what I am up to. Please don't forget to stop by the Dies R US challenge blog to see what the rest of my design team sisters have created for you today. And make sure to link up your own project too! And for more inspiration, check out the Dies R US Inspiration blog . You will find yourself browsing for awhile. There are so many gorgeous projects that will surely inspire you! Thanks again for stopping by!



Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards Jo and a fabulous idea to create two at a time!! Love the die you have used to create your 'fancy corners' too...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so gorgeous!! I love the dies you used and the designs!! The colors are fabulous!! Beautiful, my friend!! I love them!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Both cards are gorgeous Jo! Love your designs and aren't you the smart girl to make two at a time ... brilliant!! Happy Day & Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are simply Beautiful!!Awesome design. I love the fancy corner dies,Thinking of you dies and the fun doodling too!
    You really did an awesome job my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards in lovely color!! And, very pretty ornate dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome set of cards Jo! Love the pretty corners you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous designs.I love your colors against the dark background then popped off the white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how Lovely! Beautiful dies you used... :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never seen your focal point dies before & they are gorgeous! LOVE the way you added your corner dies to really make them stand out! Gorgeous, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo, these are gorgeous! I love the fabulous designs~the dies are beautiful and you coordinated everything perfectly! Love them! I always try to make two cards at the same time to~great way to build up your stash!
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~