home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Simon Says Anything but a card~

Happy Sunday blog friends! Whew what a great weekend it has turned out to be! I ended up spending a lot of time in my craft room this weekend and I managed to get alot on my "to-do" list done. I am actually in the beginning stages of starting up a project that is going to take some time to complete but I promise to show you a sneak peek in a later post. So onto the challenge this week over at Simon Says, the challenge is to create anything but a card. So I brainstormed of what I could make and I headed over to my cricut cartridges and pulled out the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge and decided to make this cute little purse.



I cut this out twice at 9" using some red cardstock by core'dinations and some really pretty floral patterned paper by Studio G. Can you believe I got that patterned paper at Wal-Mart for only $1??? It came as a paper pack with about 10 sheets of different patterns. Hey for a dollar I was going to put it to good use! I added some green trim from Prima along the bottom on all four sides and added some to the top of the clasp. I added a cute green flower brad by American Crafts to keep it closed. To finish this purse off I added some prima flowers and I created pearls using Buttercup liquid pearls.


I'm going to give this cute little purse to my daughter because she always tells me that I never make her anything and she will just love this! I'm going to add a few nail polishes inside since she loves to paint her nails.

Well thank you for stopping by today!



9 comments:

  1. this is totally cute...I love your project and the color are beautiful too..lovely flower you have made...good luck with the challenge..

    I am also joining the challenge from Simon Says Stamp, my Creation is number 126, would you mind to see it my blog...many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable purse! Thanks so much for playing along in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job. Your daughter is so going to love getting this cute little purse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling Jo! :)
    I bet your baby wil love it!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable, Jo!....ANOTHER reason I NEED a Cricut. There are just so many fun things you can do with it. I like the pretty papers you used....and I like them even better after hearing that they were only $1...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag looks great! Yes a cricut sure comes in handy with projects like this, but for now it's just on a wish list. I am sure your daughter will love it, especially when you will also fill it up :-)

    Hugs, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous!!! Love that flower paper!! And the trim and the liquid pearls and that great flower!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments ladies!!!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~